I know some of you are adventurous people, and like to broadcast amazing nature spots, extreme sports, or so with a so much fun and quality. So this is just for you because Periscope supports live streaming from your GoPro camera using your iPhone.
Over 10 million Periscope users worldwide can live stream from their GoPro HERO 4 or 5 (silver or black allowed but session models are not supported) cameras and use all of the standard features found in the app.
You can connect your GoPro camera to your iPhone using WiFi and Periscope allows you to live stream from the GoPro or switch between you front and rear facing iPhone cameras. Also you will need an iPhone 5S, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, 7, 8, X with iOS 8.2 or above.
Let’s get started!!!!
Step by Step
- Install the GoPro app from the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your GoPro with your iPhone.
3. After pairing, go to Settings App > Wifi > Select your GoPro
4. Make sure your GoPro is in Video mode, then open Periscope and tap the Broadcast tab to begin. Check out the GoPro camera toggle.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- iPhone 5, 5c devices will broadcast, without saving broadcast on your camera roll, just iPhone 5S and up are fully supported devices.
- Never leave the Periscope app while broadcasting, don’t even think about it because leaving Periscope will end the broadcast.
- Swipe Right during a broadcast to select which camera source you’d like to broadcast from (GoPro, front-facing iPhone, or back iPhone). You can also double tap the screen to toggle between the iPhone and GoPro cameras.
- You can lock the screen by tapping lock screen. Unlock by swiping across the top. This comes in handy if you need to slip your iPhone in your pocket and prevent accidental taps:
Now go and fly dear broadcaster!!! you can rock around the world showing a different way of reality!!!! 😜